http://www.segway.fi/?kastoto=options-click-demo-account&a13=75 A veneer is a very thin layer of restorative material placed over the front of a tooth to improve its appearance or to repair structurally visible damage noted on its surface. A veneer could be made either from composite resin or from dental porcelain. A resin veneer is fabricated either directly onto the tooth while the patient is in the dental chair, or by a laboratory technician in a remotely located dental laboratory. Porcelain veneers, however, can only be made indirectly by a laboratory technician. Both methods utilize the process of "bonding" to adhere the restoration onto the tooth.
enter Porcelain veneers are longer-lasting and less likely to stain than veneers made of resin.
follow link Crucial to Dr. Rita Dargham as a cosmetic dentist, she may utilize a dental veneer to restore a single tooth that may have been fractured, stained, or malpositioned, or multiple teeth in need of an esthetic and or functional smile enhancement, at times also known as a full-mouth reconstruction. Examples of smile concerns that could be resolved by the use of multiple veneers include, but are not limited to:
- Space between teeth caused by small teeth or inability to perform successful orthodontics.
- Prematurely aged smile caused by the wear noted on the edges of the teeth.
- Malpositioned teeth resulting in a crooked smile.
- Black triangles between teeth caused by gum recession.
- Discolored, misshapen, or asymmetrical smile (uneven).
- Weak or worn teeth (in certain circumstances).
get link Multiple veneers can close these spaces, correct the smile line, and create an even, uniform smile that appears not only straight, but beautifully healthy!
Advantages of Veneers:
- Add strength to underlying tooth
- Require minimal tooth reduction
- Do not discolor over time
Disadvantages of Veneers:
- Require two appointments, or more
- Relatively high fee
Please contact Dr. Dargham and her team to schedule your initial consultation. For your convenience, Dr. Dargham welcomes patients in one of two locations (Coconut Grove Dental Clinic and Biscayne Blvd. Dental Clinic), both located in the heart of Miami Dade County.
|Coconut Grove Dentist||Biscayne Boulevard Miami Dentist|